Per University of Maine system guidance, the Collins Center for the Arts will require all guests to adhere to the following guidelines effective Oct. 15.
Face coverings are required for all people (over the age of two) in all UMaine buildings regardless of vaccination status except while eating or drinking.
For events with expected audiences of 250 or fewer, including: Met Opera, NT Live broadcasts, and chamber music concerts held in the CCA:
- A distancing policy will be implemented. To facilitate distancing, certain rows will be unavailable for seating and we ask that you two leave open seats between you and the next closest person.
For events with expected audiences of 250 or more, including: Choir of Man, Nobuntu, Cirque FLIP Fabrique, Robert Cray, Martina McBride, and Anne of Green Gables – The Ballet) and “Weird Al” Yankovic*:
- Proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test, which includes a negative PCR test or rapid antigen which must be administered within 72 hours of the event or gathering. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test. This test may be performed by a medical professional or by using an over-the-counter testing kit. A time-stamped photo of an at-home test result is acceptable.
- Patrons must have a mask in place covering their nose and mouth prior to entry to the venues.
- The University of Maine reserves the right to request additional screening of patrons prior to entering the building. The additional screening would consist of a symptom check and temperature scan.
- If guests are unable to provide valid proof of vaccination, a valid negative test, or fail the enhanced screening, guests will be turned away from the event.
- Patrons are encouraged to purchase tickets to CCA events prior to the performance and also are encouraged to arrive early.
For rental performances and other events not listed, guidelines will be based on expected audience/participant sizes.
Additional information and policy updates will be provided as they become available.
Synopsis of the CCA COVID-19 vaccination policy:
- Accepted proof of vaccination includes: Valid COVID-19 vaccination card, a photocopy of a valid COVID-19 vaccination card, a photo of a valid COVID-19 vaccination card, or a UMaine PointNClick green confirmation screen.
- Children under the age of (12) will not be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or a valid COVID-19 vaccination.
- UMaine students will be required to show a valid MaineCard or PointNClick green confirmation screen upon entry to the venues.
- Guests who undergo enhanced screening will be asked a short list of questions related to COVID-19 symptoms. Guests will also sustain a temperature scan and must have a temperature reading of 100.4 Fahrenheit or lower to be granted entry into the venue.
- The CCA’s vaccination policy will be in effect until further notice.