William S. Cohen Institute for Leadership & Public Service
The Importance of American Leadership in a Dangerous World
a conversation with
General Jim Mattis
Medal of Honor Recipient Kyle Carpenter
Secretary William S. Cohen
IMPORTANT UPDATE: For those who have not yet registered, we are no longer accepting reservations due to a high response rate. Limited seating may be available.
We are recording this event and it will be available on the Cohen Institute website within a few days.
FOR THOSE WITH RESERVATIONS:
• Please allow plenty of time to park, go through the vaccine verification and bag check line, and find seats. Balcony seating will be available.
• No backpacks allowed. No tickets have been issued. This event is free and open to the public.
• All those attending will be asked to show evidence of vaccination, or documentation of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival, or documentation of a positive COVID test within 90 days of arrival, including the required five days of self-isolation. Face coverings are recommended, but are optional. The University of Maine follows civil and University of Maine System COVID-19 health and safety guidance. The latest UMaine COVID-19 health and safety guidance is online: umaine.edu/return.
• To request special accommodations, email email@example.com or call the CCA box office at 581.1755.
• A reservation does not guarantee a seat. Please arrive early to ensure seating.
This 12th event in the William S. Cohen Lecture Series is presented by UMaine’s Cohen Institute for Leadership and Public Service and will be moderated by Felicia Knight, president of the Knight Canney Group.