For tickets, please click on the Get Tickets link, call 207.581.1755 or stop at the box office. Limit 4 tickets per person.
- 3:30 p.m. – doors open
- 3:50 p.m. – 4:20 p.m. – “Frantically Atlantic,” a New Brunswick folk duo, will perform songs of the sea as the audience is being seated.
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm Dr. Earle Lecture
- Location: Hutchins Concert Hall
- Admission: Free upon reservation
- Contact: CCA Box Office 207.581.1755
Dr. Earle’s lecture will include underwater film of her research and conservation efforts in many coastal and deep areas of the global ocean. Earle is a National Geographic Society Explorer-in-Residence, and Founder and Chair of the non-profit Mission Blue (mission-blue.org/). She has been called a “Living Legend” by the Library of Congress.
Co-sponsors of the event include: the School of Marine Sciences; the Cultural Affairs and Distinguished Lecture Series; Dept. of Communication and Journalism, School of Earth and Climate Sciences, McGillicuddy Humanities Center, the College of Engineering, Phi Beta Kappa, the Honors College, the Maine Foklife Center, EPSCoR SEANET, Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Medicine, the Graduate Student Association, Sigma Xi, Maine Sea Grant, and the Maine Science Festival.