We want to see you perform! Send us a video and we’ll choose the top 10 and let people vote for their favorite. The winner will be featured on our website — and we’ll be awarding cash prizes! Get your entry ready because, thanks to a generous benefactor, we’re able to give away a total of $1,000!
First place – $500
Second place – $300
Third place – $200
Pick up your guitar, play your piano, sing, dance, do a monologue, create a comedy routine, read an original poem — anything related to performing arts. This contest is intended to showcase your talent.
Here are the rules:
- We want to see your talent. We’re looking for music to be played with live instruments, not be pre-recorded (karaoke-style). Zoom or other on-line collaborations will be accepted. If backing tracks or accompaniment is included, it must be self-produced. Our intention is to show videos that include content that you or your collaborators create. If you sing, but don’t play an instrument, sing a cappella, or record a Zoom session and ask a friend to play an instrument while you sing.
- The music played does not have to be original. You can play Beethoven or Cobain or anything in between.
- Group entries are fine as long as social distancing rules are followed.
- Background tracks are permitted for non-musical entries.
- Upload your entry video to YouTube.com. Once you upload the video, submit that link on the form below. You may also send us a link to your video via Dropbox or Google Drive or email us a link to email@example.com.
- The video must have been filmed since April 1, 2020.
- This is for Maine residents or those who attend school in Maine.
- Length of video should be under 3 minutes. (If it’s longer, only the first 3 minutes will be judged.)
- We will choose the top 10 acts, then the public will choose a winner. One vote per person!
- Top 10 entries will be posted on this page and on the CCA YouTube channel.
- By submitting a video and entering the contest, contestants agree to allow their names, likenesses, photos, and submission video to be used without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- CCA staff, student employees, board members, volunteers, and their immediate family members are not permitted to enter.
- Each cash prize will be awarded to the person whose name is on the entry form to be split as that person directs.
- Entry deadline is noon on June 1, 2020.
Submit your video entry by completing this form. Click on the YouTube link to upload your video.